IT-CNP's GovDataHosting has been awarded a contract by U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to support HHS department-wide Cloud Services Environment. The award coincides with an initiative from the Office of the Chief Product Officer (OCPO) to design a department-wide cloud environment for use by all HHS Operating Divisions.
This high-performing, scalable cloud environment is intended to provide developers, scientists, and researchers with a collaborative service through which they can create and/or develop application prototypes and proofs of concepts, in addition to performing data analytics.
A separate "sandbox" environment will enable experimentation with software applications in a controlled environment isolated from main production systems.
Our team will conduct all necessary work to prepare and provide Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) services that facilitate these unique cloud environments, and coincide with the following cloud computing objectives:
- Provide a secured, scalable, and reliable cloud computing environment to host Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) components that meet current HHS requirements and all future demands
- Provide disaster recovery capabilities
- Deliver cloud IaaS solutions that meet specific HHS requirements, features, and functions, aligned with the National Institute of Standards and Technology's (NIST) "Essential Characteristics:"
- On-demand self-service provisioning
- Broad network access
- Location independent resource pooling
- Rapid elasticity and scalability
- Measured service
Through this HHS cloud services award, GovDataHosting will contribute to the reinforcement of the nation's Health and Human Services mission. For more information about GovDataHosting's Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) offerings, contact us today.