Instituted in 2002, the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) – updated in 2014 as the Federal Information Security Modernization Act of 2014 (FISMA 2014) – continues to lay the groundwork for federal agencies to evaluate and understand the security of their information systems, applicable controls, and potential threats, while helping to resolve any deficiencies.
Additionally, FedRAMP-certified, FISMA compliant cloud services, such as those offered by GovDataHosting, provide clients with all necessary security compliance monitoring and documentation, helping them meet critical mission requirements faster.
Some of the primary benefits of government cloud hosting, include:
- Security: FISMA compliant cloud services, which by law must meet a stringent set of criteria and standards, can greatly enhance a client's IT security posture, while providing almost instantaneous disaster recovery of critical systems in the event of a hurricane or flood, with no loss of data.
- Savings: Data center consolidation and the subsequent migration to self-updating, self-maintaining cloud computing initiatives can significantly reduce IT spending and substantially cut down on personnel costs. Additionally, consumption-based, pay as you go pricing lowers upfront costs and associated risks.
- Flexibility: Clients' computing infrastructure and bandwidth demands often fluctuate. FISMA compliant cloud services are easily and quickly scalable, allowing for added capacity whenever required. Put simply, agencies never have to purchase new servers or hardware when upgrades need to be added or jettisoned.
- Efficiency: Cloud hosting can conveniently consolidate all agency systems to one location, or even IT resources across agencies, while adapting to current technologies without the need for an in-house IT professional. Turnkey solutions provide everything from software and system upgrades, to hardware and more.
- Innovation: Automation and the efficient use of computing resource utilization are increasing exponentially because of innovations in the cloud technology industry. This frees up resources otherwise engaged with traditional, on-site maintenance, and allows for an unencumbered focus on mission objectives.
GovDataHosting offers the industry’s only 100% infrastructure availability SLA, reduced deployment times, faster cloud resource provisioning, superior support, and complete alignment of IT functions with your unique goals. If you want to learn more about the many benefits of our FedRAMP-certified, FISMA compliant cloud services, contact us today.